Silver Mercury Fillings Safe Removal
Silver Mercury fillings are called “amalgams” and contain mercury, these type of fillings have a negative impact to your health. To ensure that safe removal is practiced, we follow the IAOMT (International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology) SMART (Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal) protocol.
These are some of the precautions we take:
- A rubber dam (a sheet of rubber) or a Klean-UP to isolate the other teeth and to prevent the amalgam from going down the patient’s throat.
- A super strong dry suction to ensure vapors are eliminated and exit the building.
- Charcoal to absorb the amalgam dust.
We always ask that the patient return to their healthcare professional after the Silver Mercury fillings are replaced, and to follow their Doctor’s instructions in order to detoxify the mercury.
A body that is mineral and sulfur deficient can’t detox mercury. It hangs on to the mercury rather than letting go. Having sufficient sulfur and minerals in the body is essential to detoxing mercury. Please see below for our recommendations.
General suggestions prior to mercury removal:
- No vitamin C – 2 days before dental appointment
- Take all regularly schedule medicines, including blood pressure medication
- Eat a good meal before your appointment
- May need up to 4 hours for appointment – please plan accordingly
Recommended supplements to take:
- Msm – 1000/2000 mg per day
- Vitamin C – 1000 mg
Recommended foods high in sulphur:
- Green leafy vegetables
- See your doctor for detox & chelation
- Consider doing colonic
- Consider getting vitamin C IV (intravenous)
Testimonials from Patients